Tuesday, 16 August 2011

Tower of London

Today saw DS and me tackle the 1st destination from our School's Out For Summer list ~ I chose the Tower of London, mainly because I haven't been there since before DS was born.
If you went in through this gate, you probably lost your head.
 Married quarters for the Yeoman Warders (Beefeaters)
So how much did I spend?
Ticket: £17, booked online and saved £1.80; DS free of charge, as under 5.
Guide book: £4.99
Mid-morning snack: £3.25
Postcards: £1.80 (for three!)
Mid-afternoon Starbucks: £5.80
Travel costs: Home to Tower Hill by tube ~ £2.50, Tower Hill to Regent Street on #15 bus ~ £1.30, Green Park to home by tube ~ £2.50.  DS travels for free.
Picnic lunch taken with us.
Grand total spent: £39.14.

7 comments:

Robyn said...

Ruth!

"Married quarters for the Yeoman Warders (Beefeaters)"

what??

I feel like you lasped into a completely different language. I think you added "beefeaters" to clear things up...but umm...what??

translate into Yankee please!

I hope you do more of these trips! VERY educcational! I spent a month in London in college...but I didn't learn much about it, sadly. More! More!

♥♥ Liz ♥♥ said...

It looks like DS had a lovely time. Are the Ravens back yet? Remember they were all away due to bird flu last time we went!!

Karen said...

What a lovely day you both had. I may venture into London with Gracia on Friday but I'm afraid that as much as I would like a day like yours mine will be filled with Oxford Street and Westfields!

Sandra said...

Tower of Londo is one of my all time fav "tourist" days, you've got some great photos :)

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

I loved my visit to the Tower. I have the same photo of Traitor's gate!

Amy said...

Did DS enjoy himself?
Your PT costs are much lower than ours, makes for a good day out if the transport is a reasonable price!

Sian said...

He looks like he had a wonderful time! I know Amy thinks the travel looks cheap - but it still adds up, doesn't it?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...