Monday, 19 September 2011

The MotherLOAD Marathon: Days 12 & 13

Day 12 was to use a dodgy photo on a layout.
Here you have me, almost cut out of the shot, DS looking away and another mother captured mid-gesticulation.
Day 13 was to think about any rituals used when scrapping.
Here's what I do: the photo is always first; one that tells a story, obvious or otherwise. Then it's on to patterned paper; for the last few months, my first port of call has been my 12x12 RUB box of scraps.  It's close to overflowing and is in definite need of a cull.  Also, given my self-imposed stash buying ban, it's a way of making me re-look at offcuts.
See that circular material embellie?  Deb sent me that, along with some other stuff, and as it reminded me of lines on hospital monitors, it was perfect for the layout.

7 comments:

Carrie Rosalind said...

Aww...I love both of these pages but especially the one you did of you calling my mom! I should have taken a picture of her on the phone with you too! :) She/we are so lucky to have such good blog friends. <3

Kirsty.a said...

LOvely pages. Well done for making such a good layout with your dodgy photo, I woud have cropped it to death and probably ruined it

Karen said...

Lovely pages Ruth but I have fallen in love with your gorgeous coat!

Deb @ Paper Turtle said...

Here I was thinking how clever you were to use the tag to cover the person in the background of your photo, and then along comes a layout about me. :o)

I love what you did with the layout, Ruth, and that you used an embellishment I sent you. I feel so blessed to have a friend like you. Thanks, Ruth!!! xo

Amy said...

I think both layouts are outstanding, I love their immediacy and I think you have captured a couple of very important moments!

Sian said...

Ooh, fabby purple Boden coat as well! I used to have their purple raincoat from years ago. I wore it out.

Did you see Julie Kirk is running a purple project on her blog at the moment?

Alison said...

Love your LOs....especially how you hid with the'other mum' in your first one!
Alison xx