Wednesday, 28 September 2011

The MotherLOAD Marathon: Days 20 & 21

Day 20 was to scrap emotion.  I could have gone with a rehash of this, but instead, I chose this ...
... not your obvious shot of emotion, I know.  But when I look at this photo I see contentment and patience from DS and I remember the thankfulness I felt while standing in a supermarket queue.  The design is based on this ...
 ... Shimelle's current starting point challenge.
Day 21 was to use a shaped photo.  Ah, those heady days back when I was new to the idea of scrapbooking and 'advice' suggested cropping perfectly good photos into daft shapes ...

6 comments:

Sian said...

I think we have all done! Cutting pictures into cute shapes I mean..
Sitting down on the supermarket floor with a good book - now that's something I've always wanted to do! Much better fun than food shopping

Lizzie said...

Sian I so agree! If only they would sell my kind of book in the supermarket... Maybe I should read Thomas the Tank Engine too - it's been a few years since I last did.

Ruth, these are both lovely pages. I like your take on Shimelle's starting point - and the photo and story are just great.
The Chrysler Building page is suitably impressive -and I love your touch of humour, with the little green apple-spotted paper!
And oh yes, those shaped photos...

humel said...

What a great way to pass the time while queuing! What a great way to scrap that moment :) And yes, I remember the 'interesting' cropped photo days!!

Alison said...

Great LOs Ruth...DS looks so contented ...and I remember the cropped photos too!
Alison xx

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Great looking layout! Love that he can just sit there & read, wish mine could

Sanna said...

Great take on Shimelle´s starting point!