Wednesday, 19 October 2011

Me: The Abridged Version ~ Revisited

Yesterday, Cathy Zielske talked about withdrawing her Me: The Abridged Version class from BPC and offering it up for sale via Designer Digitals.
This was the first CZ class I did and it was superb.  It's absolutely in the top 3 of all the online classes I have done in the last few years.
And I had a lightbulb moment ~ ta dah!  Why not make one for DS?  He loves to look through my albums and it would be a cool project for this stage in his life right now and then to review in 5 years time or so.
The tag book is covered with paper from Echo Park's Little Boy range, found here.  I hope to complete the album's foundation pages during half-term and then get the A-Z of DS's life typed up in the following weeks.
J is for Jolly Phonics.

9 comments:

Irene said...

Ruth, what a lovely idea! The tag book looks such fun and I am sure your DS will enjoy spending hours contributing and looking at it in the years to come.
I too loved MeTAV and my family have a lot of pleasure reading through my pages and learning facts they may not have known about me.

Sian said...

I would love something like this about little me - a perfect idea

Cheri said...

Fabulous idea to do this for your son! I LOVED MeTAV, but have yet to complete my album. It's one of those 2/3 done projects that I just never seem to make it back to.

Alison said...

What a great idea..he'll love having a little book all about him!
Alison xx

Cheryl said...

Great idea love it x

Sandie said...

I sometimes make mini albums for my granddaughters, and I am sure DS will love his version. I must check out Me: The Abridged Version. I sounds my kind of thing.
I'm off on a residential at the end of the month, and will be spending 3 days making mini albums with a focus on 'ME'. There may be a space left if you are interested. It is in Ipswich, Suffolk. Let me know if you want more details.
Have you shown the inside of your book? I'd be interested to peep!

Amy said...

An excellent idea Ruth, I look forward to seeing the end results .. it might kick start something for me as I have not done much with this class at all, and it seriously bugs me!

Deb @ Paper Turtle said...

Oh I just love this, Ruth! Such a great idea and I love that you put "HIM" on the cover. So sweet. :O)

humel said...

What a great idea - I might steal it and do something with the kids :) It links in with your post above about children creating their own albums, too - I can get my teo involved in the whole process! Thanks for the inspiration :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...