Wednesday, 11 January 2012

Happy Mail 2012: The Opening Gambit

I've talked before about Happy Mail, both the giving and the receiving.  I also mentioned Happy Mail in my blog review:  "An explosion of Happy Mail.  I haven't quite worked out how this will work, but the bottom line will be fairly simple ~ send me an email in response to a Happy Mail post and you could receive a wee surprise by Royal Mail."
In order to kick start Happy Mail 2012, I've randomly selected 5 books from the World Book Night 2011 series for posting around the globe.  The batch offered up last June allowed you to tell me the title you were interested in, but not this time. The thing about Happy Mail is that it is so much more exciting to receive it if you don't know it's coming.
It's also quite handy if I already have your address ... 3 parcels are bound for the USA, 1 for Australia and 1 for here at home in the UK.
The book titles are:

  • Killing Floor by Lee Child
  • The Reluctant Assassin by Moshin Hamid
  • Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell
  • Fingersmith by Sarah Waters
  • The Blind Assassin by Margaret Attwood.
All books have been registered with bookcrossing.com.  The full list from 2011 can be seen here.
If you'd like an chance to be a recipient of the next round of Happy Mail, just send an email with your address to: roo1968ATyahooDOTcoDOTuk with Happy Mail 2012 in the title.  It would be nice if you left a comment as well.
Stalking the Postie, one of my favourite past times! 

12 comments:

debs14 said...

email on it's way now .....!

alexa said...

What a kind thing to do! Hope it's a real success. That's an interesting list ...

♥♥ Liz ♥♥ said...

You're doing better than me. I bought a card a week agao and it's still in the wrapper!!!

Jo.C said...

I'm in - think us bloggers do wonders for the postal service - they need to appreciate us more :0)

Beverly said...

Very nice idea, I am sure there will be international smiles when the postmen make their deliveries!

cate said...

I've sent you an email, I'm not sure why I didn't sign up the first time, probably got distracted by kids!

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Interesting selection of books! Love Happy Mail

Sandie said...

What a lovely and generous idea to offer a book as Good Mail. And to register it with bookcrossing too, that makes it all the more exciting. I’d not thought of sharing books in that way – dropping them in tea rooms has been my style up to now. I hope you get some feedback and are able to track their journeys.
I've sent you an email - I love Good Mail and hope to be sending off some of my own very soon.

pmk said...

This is a fantastic idea! Off to send an email :)

Anna said...

This is such a sweet thing. I do love mail!

Anna said...

I got my happy mail this last Friday and I was so excited. I love the letterbox tea towel especially-that's so perfect for the project. We were having a week of things breaking and going wrong, and that was a lovely little oasis. Thanks so much! I will be returning the favor soon.

Denise Case said...

Ruth,

I received lovely happy mail from you a few months back and it totally made my day! Thank you so much. I’m sorry I’ve taken so long to let you know I got it...life is happening so quickly around here.
I would really love to send you some happy mail as well..

I look forward to seeing your DD posts this year! Have you started your foundation pages?