Friday, 6 January 2012

One Little Word: 2012

Creating an album around my One Little Word in 2011 worked well for me.  I have 12 pages inspired by prompts from Ali and numerous other pages recording events that truly encompassed my word ~ better.
In 2012, The Brainy One has chosen our word ~ enjoy.  Not because he wants us to be frivolous with our lives, but because he wants us to grasp every opportunity, good or bad, that comes our way this year.
The cover page, front and back ... 

Introduction to my word and how it sits behind the cover page.
You know, the masking on the cover page was entirely by mistake a design feature.  I'd used American Craft Thickers for the title, now seen on the intro page, but was too heavy handed with the ink spray (Mister Huey's Colour Mist in Holly Berry) and they could hardly be seen in the resulting blood bath.

11 comments:

Rhona said...

A great word to choose for the year, Ruth. I'm sure your family will embrace it :o)
By the way I love the design feature on the front cover, worked out beautifully!

Jo.C said...

Loving your design feature - I think it works really well. Well done for turning it around :0)

Lizzie said...

Yay for experimental design features!
It's a great start Ruth - remember to show us the progress, won't you?
I think Enjoy is a fabulous word for 2012. Something really positive and fun, which the whole family can join in with!

Sian said...

Great word!

"If you never did,
you should.
These things are fun
and fun is good!" Dr Seuss

alexa said...

This looks like a word rich in fun and togetherness!

Beverly said...

Love the Brainy One's thinking and am so impressed that you have this amazing start to chronicling the embracing of this word in 2012.

dogmatix said...

What a great 'mistake'. I love the cover. I llike the choice of word....u can only ever read positive things in Enjoy :)

Kirsty.a said...

A good word. Hope you 'enjoy' it

♥♥ Liz ♥♥ said...

I hope you all Enjoy every minute xxx

Photographing Mom aka tammyshere said...

Awesome! Enjoy was my word last year. :)

Sandie said...

That's a great word, Ruth. I hope it brings you lots of good things this year. And I like that it is a shared word.