Friday, 17 February 2012

Photo a Day: 17th February

This smiley lady is my auntie, my mum's sister.  She has been running a holiday club at her church this week and The Boy Child has been to 2 sessions, along with his four cousins.  We've regrouped after holiday club at her house for lunch, lots of tea drinking and catching up.
Before The Boy Child was born, I didn't see that much of my cousins once we'd grown up and left home and it didn't bother me because I knew where they were. Now though, I want The Boy Child to have the same childhood I had and that means lots of time spent with cousins.  And as a result, I'm now seeing more of my cousins and aunt and uncle.
It's a win win situation.

8 comments:

Alison said...

I always enjoy catching up with my cousins..though these days it's all too often at funerals
Alison xx

viv said...

I think its a great idea to let your son get to know his cousins as family is really important.

Rhona said...

That's the one hing I regret about our childhood - because we moved to SA I never really got to know my cousins, who all lived in Scotland. Although we see each other from time to time now, we don't have a strong connection. So glad TBC is getting to know his cousins :). Enjoy what's left of your stay xx

kim said...

I wish I saw more of my cousins. We did as children- but since we all had our own families it became more difficult to fit everyone in somewhere.

Suzie said...

Lovely. I have lots of cousins but never see them. Very sad!

Ladkyis said...

I am an only child in a large family. I have 18 first cousins and we grew up as a close knit group even though there is 20 years between the oldest and the youngest.
After the death of Aunty Mu the family drifted apart and only met up at weddings and funerals.
We have now started to meet up every year at a family reunion and we have a family newsletter that I write and it goes out three times a year and reminds of birthdays and other events.
I want my grandchildren to experience the joy of having 50 people in a room and knowing that every single one is connected to you.

Sian said...

Now there's a face it's nice to see :) Making that effort is so important - I wish we had a few more cousins round here, though Little E does make up for lack of numbers with the force of his personality I guess!

♥♥ Liz ♥♥ said...

That's a great photo. Glad you've all had a good time. xxx