Saturday, 4 February 2012

Scrapbook Saturday

Stacey, of Havoc and Mayhem fame, is hosting a new Saturday link-up.  All you need to join in is to post a layout you've been working on recently and add your name to the linky on her blog.  Simple.
I gave a hint of something I've been working on earlier this week.
It's actually a scraplift from an article in the Jan/Feb edition of Creating Keepsakes magazine.
I love the potential for this sketch; so much so that I can see me using it a lot in the months ahead.
The patterned paper is from the To The Moon range by Fancy Pants, background is kraft and I found the journaling paper in my scraps box {can't remember who did that}.  The banner is a line of running stitch from my sewing machine and some of the collection of stickers The Boy Child has been receiving at school.  Other bits include bakers' twine {between the patterned papers}, buttons from my stash, a circle punch and Fiskars running water border punch {at least, I think that is what it's called}.
I think I love this layout.

7 comments:

Alison said...

I DO like that sketch Ruth..and what a great way to preserve TBC's school stickers! Am off to check out Stacey's site
Alison xx

Kirsty.a said...

Love the bunting with teh school stickers. Will have to scraplift that idea next time I peel them off the kids' sweatshirts

Dawn said...

Threading Water Punch by Fiskars! Love the layout, I need to do more doubles to get my photos scrapped. Do you mind if I scraplift?

Sian said...

What a brilliant way to store the stickers! I love it

Heather said...

A lovely way to keep your boys stickers. I wish I had held on to my sons now!! Great layout xx

Amy said...

I was wondering what the buttons were for from a post earlier in the week - a great take on the sketch Ruth!

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Looks great! I really like the bunting