Tuesday, 20 March 2012

On Rare Occasions ...

... words fail me.
This came in the post this morning ...
Look closely ... there's The Boy Child posting a letter ... there's the letterbox postcards I like to send ... there's my own handwriting.  And I know that there, in the heart of this canvas, is Deb.
The one and only Deb.
The incomparable Deb.
A lady with with a kind and generous heart.
A lady with the capacity for selfless love of others.
And Deb, I'm borrowing words directly from your mom here: "I never thought much about how the words “thank you” could never be enough. There must be a better term when something touches your heart so deeply and lifts your spirits to the point of soaring--and all I can say is “thank you”? ... I suppose we’ll all have to be satisfied with “thank you so much” until I can come up with a better phrase."


Thank you, Deb.

11 comments:

Alison said...

Gorgeous canvas...and yes, Deb is one special lady!
Alison xx

Denise said...

'Wow' - what a stunner x

Kirsty.a said...

What a special thing to receive

♥♥ Liz ♥♥ said...

What a fabulous gift to receive in the post. Deb is a lovely lady.

Carrie Rosalind said...

Glad that you got it and that you love it!! :) I'm pretty lucky to have her as a mom!

Deb @ Paper Turtle said...

Yay!!! I have been so excited for you to receive this! I'm so pleased that you like it!!! The pleasure is all mine! xo

Deb @ Paper Turtle said...

And PS: you made me cry happy tears!

Jo.C said...

Wow - that is so beautiful. I bet you had a few happy tears too. Something to treasure x

Marti Rosecrants said...

I was able to see this first hand while I was at Deb's---loved it! So happy it reached you safe and sound! All the wonderful things you said about Deb are true and you, dear lady, can turn them around and apply them to yourself! You are an amazing lady and so thoughtful with your happy mail. Being on the receiving end has blessed me more times than you'll ever know! Thank you so much, Ruth.
Love,
Marti
P.S. Love that you send your mail addressed to Papa Rod, too. We are definitely in this battle together and I love that you recognize him--he is an awesome caregiver! xo

Sian said...

It's beautiful! Makes me happy to see you getting back the love you sned out into the world

Beverly said...

I can imagine how overwhelmed you were when you opened this, Ruth. It is a gorgeous piece of art by an amazing woman.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...