Thursday, 26 April 2012

{A Wholly Inadequate} Thank You

Back in February, Marti posted her thanks on Deb's blog.  The crux of her post was how the words thank you never appear to be enough.
Last week, when I broke the news about The Boy Child's autism, many of you took the time to leave an encouraging comment and some of you followed up your comment with an email or a note in the post. 
To say that I was overwhelmed was an understatement.
To tell you that I cried some more would be true.
To tell you that my heart was lighter would also be true.
And that's down to you.
Quoting Marti, "I never thought much about how the words “thank you” could never be enough. There must be a better term when something touches your heart so deeply and lifts your spirits to the point of soaring--and all I can say is “thank you”? Come on, there’s got to be a better way!"
Until I can think of that better way, I'm saying, "Thank you" and sending each of you virtual flowers. 

10 comments:

Tammy said...

Thank you for the beautiful flowers, but mostly for your beautiful self!! I so enjoy your blog. :)

Anonymous said...

You do have some amazing frinds x

Jo.C said...

They are beautiful - can even almost smell them.
You've made me well up now too :0)

Alison said...

And what lovely flowers they are! I love the circle of bloggy friendship!
Alison xx

Ladkyis said...

it's what friends do. I am just glad we helped.

Karen said...

Thank you xxx

furrypig said...

gorgeous flowers thank u xxx

Beverly said...

Ruth, You have been on my heart and in my prayers many times since your post. The flowers are beautiful :)

Kirsty.a said...

Thanks for the flowers. Hope you are feeling more positive about life

Deb @ Paper Turtle said...

You are so sweet to quote my mom, Ruth. And I just knew that you would have an outpouring of support after your brave and honest post about your sweet Boy Child.

My mom absolutely loves TBC. She was so excited to show me the little mini book you had made with his photos. I love that we are extended family as a result of our blogs. Hang in there, sweet friend! xo