Friday, 4 May 2012

Julie's Sketch

Last week, the super talented and witty Julie posted a sketch she'd drawn. There was something about the sketch that drew me in {forgive the unintentional pun}, apart from the undeniable fact that it was drawn super neatly.
Late this morning, instead of doing the ironing and putting clean bedding on our bed, I sat down at my desk and found some photos and paper.  I haven't really scrapped anything since my FiL died, but the timing felt right today.
Of course, my layout looks nowhere near Julie's.
It doesn't have to.
It's a completed page and I feel better for having done it.
Now, where's that clean bedding ...

7 comments:

Julie Kirk said...

Oh Ruth so, so many things about this make me happy!

That sweet little face for one plus the fact you avoided housework to use my sketch. I feel extra proud of that!

And that you felt the time was right to do a little creating. xx

Thank you so much for sharing this. [I'll go and pin it now]

Jx

Mum said...

So cute xxxxx and I think he looks very like you!

heart.hearth.home. said...

I love the use of colour on this layout and placement. Even with all the layers, it still looks uncluttered. Lovely photographs.

Jo.C said...

Love this LO - especially like the photos of the taking and the result. Lovely.

Alison said...

Glad to hear you felt like creating Ruth...great project to start with!
Alison xx

Sandra said...

I'm so happy to her your creative feelings are coming back, and boy is it back with a bang :) this is really fabulous

Sian said...

This I like very much indeed. It's got a clean fresh look to go with those sheets :)