Monday, 4 June 2012

31 Things: Day 17

Day 17 of Ali's latest class at BPC ~ 31 Things.  Ali describes the class thus: 31 Things is about capturing life right now but will be much more in-depth on a single daily subject than the documentation you might be used to with projects like Week in the Life or Project Life. This workshop is an opportunity to get specific pieces of your story told with the simple goal of telling more.    
Day 17 | Technology:
I live with technology in my life
I have a HTC Smartphone
We have desktop computers
We have laptops
I have access to The Brainy One's iPad
We have 3 televisions ~ living room, kitchen and The Brainy One's office
We have 2 DVD players ~ living room and The Brainy One's office
I have a Nikon D3100 SLR camera
I have a Nanopod
I have a blog
I no longer use Facebook
I email
I text
I access my emails from my desktop.  In theory, I can access them from my phone, but I disabled that feature.  It just isn't something I need or want.
I feel overwhelmed by the sheer amount of technology available.
I text everyday, mostly to mum, The Brainy One (if he's away) and my sister. I'm not that keen on predictive text.
I email everyday.
I forget to clear my Inbox on a regular basis.
I like to think that I could live quite happily without all this technology.  I did before.

6 comments:

Karen said...

Interesting post Ruth and it got me thinking and I decided that I definitely could not live without all the technology I surround myself with. In fact David calls me Gadgit Girl because I love my techie toys so much.

Alison said...

I HATE predictive texting! I know that if I lose my internet connection for any length of time I get very twitchy!
Alison xx

Cheri said...

If I didn't have all this technology at my fingertips, I would definitely miss all my world-wide blog buddies... but I'm sure I could happily live without being expected to respond within seconds 24/7 to anyone's requests!

humel said...

Now this is a thought-provoking post! I'd definitely find it difficult to live without technology - but I'm with you on predictive text, my daft fun tries to turn 'Mel' into 'Meryl' every single time, what's that about?!

Sian said...

There are times when I love and embrace it all and other times when I could happily walk away. Sometimes it feels overwhelming

♥♥ Liz ♥♥ said...

I LOVE predictive texting, especially on my HTC. It does all the hard work for me. I think I would miss blogging but then I lived without one for 40 odd years so it might be quite easy. xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...