Saturday, 9 June 2012

31 Things: Day 22

Day 22 of Ali's latest class at BPC ~ 31 Things.  Ali describes the class thus: 31 Things is about capturing life right now but will be much more in-depth on a single daily subject than the documentation you might be used to with projects like Week in the Life or Project Life. This workshop is an opportunity to get specific pieces of your story told with the simple goal of telling more.    
Day 22 | Spot: 
This house is not my home, it's where I live.
I don't have a favourite spot; I tend to spend most of my day in the kitchen.
However, there is a piece of furniture that I have a soft spot for.  There's a blue and white striped sofa bed upstairs in The Brainy One's office.  He sits on it occasionally and every so often someone sleeps on it.
Seven years ago, when I moved in to this house, that sofa lived in the smallest bedroom, along side the rowing machine.  I painted the bedroom's pink stripey wallpaper magnolia.
Five years ago, that smallest bedroom became The Boy Child's bedroom and that blue and white striped sofa came in to its own.
It's where I fed The Boy Child, particularly late at night and first thing in the morning.  There'd be just me and him, cuddled up in the half light, with me whispering all sorts of nonsense and The Boy Child just happy to be fed. That sofa now sports a number of stains, some of dubious origin.
When The Boy Child moved from a cot in to a single bed, it coincided with the completion of the loft conversion.  There wasn't the room for the sofa to remain in The Boy Child's room, so the sofa began retirement on the top floor.
The Boy Child's room has a small armchair now, but it's not the same.

3 comments:

Alison said...

Isn't it funny how one small sofa can bring back so many happy memories?
Alison xx

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

it looks comfy!

Sian said...

It looks like a wonderful spot for some reading

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...