Tuesday, 26 June 2012

Lateral Thinking Required

I knew that I wanted to page a double page spread for our 2012 album about the Queen's recent Diamond Jubilee.
I knew that I didn't have anything remotely British in my stash.
I knew that I wanted bunting on the pages.
I did have Union Jack ribbon.
I did have baker's twine in red, white and blue.
In the end, I scanned a left over napkin from our Jubilee Party and printed it out on white card stock.
I then spent a couple of evenings cutting out each pennant shape.
I think the end result was worth it.


13 comments:

Liz said...

It was well worth it, it looks great xx

Jo.C said...

This looks stunning - well done.

Carrie Rosalind said...

I love the layout! Such a great idea to scan the napkin...it turned out great!

beccaf1970 said...

This came out lovely! Great idea to scan the napkin!

Sandie said...

great idea scanning the napkin, it looks really effective. It's a lovely layout.

Amy said...

Never, in a month of Sundays, would I have thought to do that! Yes, it was worth the effort as it looks fantastic!

Alison said...

Most definately worth the effort!
Alison xx

debs14 said...

Such a clever idea for the bunting - brilliant!
Lovely layout - fit for a Queen ;-)

Deb @ Paper Turtle said...

Oh, this is awesome, Ruth. What a great idea to scan the napkin! And I think it was worth the cutting too. :o)

Missus Wookie said...

Oh looks good.

Missus Wookie said...

looks good - I don't do crosswords. Wookie & Princess do :)

Kirsty.a said...

Great idea. I've got a napkin too, but I didn't know how to use it. Scanning it makes it much more usble

Clair said...

Now that's a clever idea, and the bunting looks amazing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...