Friday, 7 September 2012

Getting Creative

Sometimes the only thing to do is just to get stuck right in with playing around with paper and glue.  You might be surprised by the end results.
The Summer Manifesto 2012 album is coming along nicely.  I'm more than half way through now.
The inked pages are the completed ones.
I've even managed to put a few proper pages together.
These Sports Day photos have been sitting on my desk since, well, Sports Day.  And that was June 28th...
This is part of a double page spread about our nephew's wedding.  I thought I best get it done before embarking on the next leg of the wedding journey.  The design is a straight copy of month five of Shimelle's 4x6 Photo Love project
I feel content and happy to have made these this week. 
And isn't that what having a hobby is all about? 

7 comments:

Deb @ Paper Turtle said...

Your pages are lovely, Ruth, and I know that feeling - so nice to complete something you've been thinking of.

humel said...

You have been busy and productive - it's all looking great, I'm not surprised you're feeling good about it :)

Denise said...

You are exactly right Ruth,that is what it's all about,its for us isn't it?

Amy said...

Excellent Ruth - I'm looking forward to seeing the mini album finished!

Sian said...

Definitely! ..and I love that happy little peek of your wedding photo in that sports day shot too

Alison said...

You HAVE been busy...I'm looking forward to getting some time this coming week to get scrappy!
Alison xx

Missus Wookie said...

Looks like you've had fun - which is the point of a hobby I remind myself.

Yeah for completing projects - like the journaling around the edges on the sports day and the trim on the wedding day.