Friday, 9 November 2012

30 Days of Thankful: Share-a-Page-Fridays

American blogger and scrapbooker Cathy Zielske has begun a month long project to record all the things she is thankful for on a daily basis.  You can see the beginning of her album here.  She designed  her pages in 6x6 and made them available to purchase for a few pounds.  I already had a 6x6 American Crafts album in  my stash (I have no recollection as to why I bought it) so I was good to go.
Day 1: thankful for cousins. Day 2: thankful for an online friend becoming a real-life friend.  That's you, Mel
Day 3: thankful for days when autism retreats in to the shadows of our family life. Day 4: thankful for the ability to pay someone else to do our decorating.
Day 5: thankful for my American friend.  Day 6: thankful for a roof over my head, as the colder weather arrives.
Day 7: thankful for a hard-core oven cleaner.  Day 8: thankful for appliances that make cleaning the lounge carpet much easier.  {Spot the spelling mistake}

What are you thankful for this month?

12 comments:

Amy said...

Really great pages Ruth, and someone commented on my blog about how they are a lovely glimpse into our lives - I would say the same here!

I'm not a good painter either - and do a lot of things to avoid it!

Rosann said...

i like your take on the template as well Ruth. I like the photo at the top like this and I am thinking I may scraplift it for my December Daily album. I plan to combine this project and dec daily in one album. :)

Mye said...

Fabulous pages and we both used Cathy's templates! So beautiful!

Deb @ Paper Turtle said...

Oh I just love your book and the format you are using, Ruth. Thanks for sharing your journaling with us!

I feel a bit lame not doing this project myself, as I know that I have SOOO much to be grateful for. Just too much going on inside my head these days to take on another project, but I do enjoy seeing yours and the others here and there.

Laurel said...

Thank you for sharing! I love your pages, and the book you're using is so cute.

Cheri said...

I really like that you allowed the photo to take up the entire upper part of the page. A nice departure from the template! And such a fun lot of things to be grateful for.

Melonie said...

Great pages Ruth. Your photos are great:)

Diane said...

Love that we can see the little things to be thanksful for.

Kelli said...

great photos!

Missus Wookie said...

Great use of the templates and I like the album cover. Your 'able to pay someone to decorate' made me smile - Wookie & I usually do it ourselves but I've been so grateful for the ability to pay someone too.

elinjanne.com said...

Love your everyday take on this. Thanks for sharing.

Miriam said...

I love your take on this too, As Amy said It is lovely glimpse into our lives. I am noticing how very similar we all are. visiting you from Cathys linky.