Thursday, 22 November 2012

December Daily 2012 | Photo a Day: 22nd November

I've gone as far as I'm prepared to go with my foundation pages for this year's December Daily.
I used the kit from Studio Calico, which included a 6x4 cloth-covered album and page inserts from Ali Edwards. I printed the pages in a mix of red and green ink.
My album has a double page spread for each day; photo on one side and journaling on the other.
The album came with page protectors, acetate 6x4 sheets and sheets of 6x4 thick chipboard.  I covered four sheets of the chipboard and also added a pocket to one of them.  I decorated four acetate sheets and placed them over the chipboard sheets.
I used ribbon and washi tape on the acetate sheets, making sure that the front and back matched.
The backs of the chipboard sheets are still bare, but I thought I might simply add a full-page photo by printing in 7x5 and trimming to size.
I'm really pleased with the overall look, although I am still deliberating about stamping on the album cover.  Thoughts on that?  I'm worried about messing it up.
I have loads of stuff left over from the Studio Calico kit, so I think I'll be giving it away in my final Happy Mail 2012 post next week.  Check back then if you'd like a chance to win it.

14 comments:

Emily Hammann said...

Looks great!!!

Kirsty.a said...

Looking good. Roll on December

Missus Wookie said...

Oh looks lovely - and wonderfully organized. Really like the covered chipboard - think the idea of adding a photo to the back is nice.

Ali was talking about her stamped cover on Paperclipping Roundtable Podcast - pointed out she can always cover it if she mucks up, but also most people won't notice. She rocked her stamp on her album and no one has... even though it is up on the blog.

Planning on doing my album bases next Thurs/Fri when I'm home and not wardening. Just in time...

alexa said...

Your album is looking great - and you are well ahead in the preparations stakes too! If the stamping isn't to your liking, could you cover it up with some paper and ModPodge? Or a fabric cover?

Amy said...

It looks fabulous Ruth, why not use thickers on the front cover if you feel stamping might not be the thing

Lorraine said...

Looks super, I am still deciding which way I will go. However I did purchase some "snap" album supplies. Hope it will all come into place soon.

Nancy said...

looks great! I love those acetate sheets!

Jennifer Johnson said...

Looks great! I was worried about stamping on my cover too, but decided to cross my fingers and try it & I am so glad I did - I loved it!!! Looking forward to seeing the rest of our album throughout the month!

Linda Jordan said...

This is adorable! I can't wait to see how you fill it up :)

Linda
http://lasteve1.blogspot.com

elinjanne.com said...

Beautiful!
Looking forward to see how the SD kit album fills up!

Jo said...

This is so my style! Love it! And I'm from London too, although I live in Portugal now (I managed to get away lol!)

Well done!

inspiredlifewithjess said...

This turned out super cute! I really like what you've done with this :-)

Valerie said...

What a chunky album. Super cute.

Cherri said...

Looks amazing! Great start. Cannot wait to see your progress. Thanks for sharing.