Thursday, 1 November 2012

One Little Word Blog Hop: November

Good morning/afternoon/evening and welcome to the One Little Word Blog Hop.  The hop is hosted by Margie, is international and has 10 participants, all waiting and willing to share their One Little Word for 2012 with you.  If you've landed here from Cheri, welcome.  I'm listed at number four this month, but don't worry if you get lost following the links ~ there's a full list of participants at the end of this post.   
My husband {The Brainy One} chose our word for 2012: enjoy.  Not because he wants us to be frivolous with our lives, but because he wants us to grasp every opportunity, good or bad, that comes our way this year.  This month, Ali suggested that we look at our word through the camera lens. 
I found enjoyment in walking the dog, even though it means wearing more layers as Autumn approaches.  I found enjoyment in watching The Boy Child participate in his school's Harvest Festival.  I found enjoyment in visiting a museum full of aircraft and buses.  I found enjoyment in taking the dog to school for The Boy Child's Show and Tell.  I found enjoyment in acting like a tourist in my adopted home city.  I found enjoyment in going out for supper with The Brainy One and The Boy Child on our wedding anniversary.  I found enjoyment in coming across The Boy Child unexpectedly.
The Boy Child and I are away from home this week, as we round off half-term with time spent with my mum.  Those last 3 empty pockets will be filled with the enjoyment we found this week ~ being with family and loved ones.
If you're moving on with the OLW Blog Hop, then your next destination is Lisa and you can find her here.
But, before you go ... 2012 is also the year of Happy Mail ~ the chance to receive a small parcel in the post, just because. 
There's no catch. You don't have to do anything in return.  See this post, if you'd like to join in. Internationals welcome.  

8 comments:

humel said...

That's a lot of enjoyment - and a great attitude to have :) I'm looking forward to enjoying good company tomorrow! xx

Monica said...

I love how you are finding ways to enjoy your life! So awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Cheri said...

It is so wonderful to find so much enjoyment in everyday life! :)

Missus Wookie said...

Have fun with Mel tomorrow. Glad you are getting to visit and hang out with family - always good.

kelly said...

love your photos. sounds like you are very much enjoying your life.

Naomi said...

What a great visit you've had and I'm so glad you write about appreciating this family time. Good perspective to have! I need to remember that these moments are blessings.

MonicaB said...

That's wonderful that you are experiencing so much enjoyment in your everyday life.

Lisa said...

Love how you're elevating the everyday instead of waiting for the "Big" moments to appear. Great pictures, too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...