Friday, 16 November 2012

This Moment

Alexa, of Trimming the Sails, has invited people to share a moment with her again. Nothing fancy, just a few well chosen words, or a photo, or a scrapbook page. My moment turned out to be a combination of all three and involving a bowl of soup. 
~ click on image to read journaling ~
As I said last month, I don't know how I came across Alexa's blog, possibly through Amy (who has already shared her moment), but I'm very glad I did. She has a wonderful writing style and can easily draw a vibrant picture with her use of words. She's also a fabulous scrapbooker.
Why not join in?  Alexa would love to hear from you.

7 comments:

humel said...

I had to pop over straight away to see if it was the soup from yesterday, and indeed it is :) Lovely to have a bit more detail and background to one of your daily photos! I'm glad you had your lunch together, that doesn't usually happen for us either, even when The Doctor's working at home - as you know....

alexa said...

A really beautifully put together page to honour your moment, Ruth - it felt both heartening and a little poignant too. I'm touched you've mentioned me in your post and thank-you for your warmth. The way you've put your page together is also lovely - that strip down the right is a perfect match. I'm wondering who is in the photo?

Missus Wookie said...

I like the simplicity of your page and the hint of you in the mirror too.

Lovely quiet moment - how nice to have shared it with dh.

Amy said...

Ruth, you have managed to put together a beautiful scrap page to match a lovely moment - I've really enjoyed reading today. You are right about Alexa, her blog is fantastic!

Melonie said...

Your photos are fantastic:) Lovely journaling too!

Irene said...

Thank you for sharing your moment, Ruth. Your page wonderfully reflects your photograph and your writing is beautiful. I was really caught up in your Moment.

Linda said...

Lovely moment! Your bowl of tomato soup looks really yummy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...