Tuesday, 4 December 2012

Photo a Day: 4th December

Sometimes, I have a feeling of deja-vu.
I made myself sit down at the kitchen table this afternoon and write Christmas cards.
I set the egg-timer for 45 minutes, as I reckoned that was about the optimum time allowable before I gave it all up as a bad job.
As it happened, I ran out of Christmas cards at the 30 minute mark.
But I do have 18 cards written, addressed, stamped and waiting to be posted.  The cards for the elderly relatives have been left open, in the hope that The Boy Child's school photo will arrive in time for me to pop a copy in with their card.  They like that sort of thing.  
Oh, and I let Christmas in a bit more by switching on the Advent Arch.

7 comments:

Ladkyis said...

You'll find yourself la laing a Christmas tune soon and then you'll realise that it has sneaked in through the letterbox when you weren't looking

Liz said...

Well done you. I have cards but no inclination to write them!!

Alison said...

It's creeping in Ruth!
Alison xx

Rhona said...

Well done on making the start - that's always the worst part. Setting a timer is a good idea, at least you know there's an end in sight.

alexa said...

You are light years ahead of me ... Creeping away feeling guilty :(.

Missus Wookie said...

I do something similar - set myself a timer to get a task done - making cards is on the list for this afternoon. Wookie is working on secret things for them too. Writing will get done tomorrow or soon.... I've checked the last posting dates and thankfully they're not quite here! :)

debs14 said...

I've written a few but I know I can't put it off much longer! Good idea to set a certain amount of time, I may borrow that.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...