Wednesday, 5 December 2012

Photo a Day: 5th December

I braved the Post Office at 3pm so that I could send off a parcel and a Christmas card to Australia.  I hadn't planned on sending the parcel, but this morning I had the bright idea of sending The Boy Child's friend (who returned to Australia in the summer) a book about Santa in London.
Today is the last day for air mail to Australia, so we'll see if it gets there in time for Christmas.  Interestingly, the postage cost more than the book, but as I used loyalty card points against the book's price, all was well.

5 comments:

Rhona said...

Oh dear, looks like I've missed the posting date then. It's probably the same for South Africa and America too - I must check. Well done for getting yours posted and for braving the Post Office! xx

alexa said...

Here is another who is clearly behind - sigh! We'll soon having to be taking out second mortgages to post anything at all. :(

Amy said...

All of my cards and parcels were sent yesterday - I think they should make it on time. Sending anything FROM Australia to anywhere is criminally expensive, it's frustrating!

Sian said...

Last posting date? Ah..

Missus Wookie said...

Yep, today is the last postage date to S America too :sigh: Postage often costs more than what is actually IN the parcel.

Hope the friend enjoys the package :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...