Saturday, 26 January 2013

Scrapbook Saturday

One way or another, it's been quite a week.
The Boy Child's autism has been up front and centre in our family life.  It has not been easy.
The relocation plan is up and running.
Both The Brainy One and I have made numerous trips to a selection of local charity shops with items we no longer need or want.
Both The Brainy One and I have made huge inroads in to de-cluttering our house.  The Brainy One gets a gold star for the new and improved look to his office.
When it all got too much, I retreated in to my office to scrapbook.  Scrapbooking, I have realised, is how I regain my equilibrium.
A couple of Christmas pages; not really a double spread, but side-by-side in the album.

A page about Miami.  I didn't have any suitable patterned paper in my stash, so I tried out block colours of card instead.  I have also discovered washi tape.
A general page in our album for my God Daughter's school photo (alongside her brother). I photographed it before I wrote the journaling (on a card inspired by the divine Miss Smith)
And finally, a page for The Boy Child's album ~ all about Hosanna Rock.
Now for project Life and four weeks worth of journaling to write up ... just as well it's only in note form.

10 comments:

Kirsty.a said...

Sorry it's been a tough week. Still, you've been very productive. Love these pages. I'm sure R's class did Hosanna Rock a couple of years ago

debs14 said...

It's good that you can find a relaxing release in your scrapbooking. I do hope that things settle a bit with your son. Do you follow Robyn's blog? http://www.3peasinbrooklyn.com/ The way she copes with two children within the spectrum is inspirational. Please, oh please, could I borrow The Brainy One to sort out the debris that my son left behind in his bedroom?!

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Great looking pages & I love the Brainy One's office!

ComfyMom~Stacey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen said...

Sorry you are having a challenging week and hope it settles down a little for you.

Super pages, love your 'Miss Smith' journaling card.

Alison said...

Hosannah Rock is one of my favourite 'nativities' performed in school.....hope the weekend is proving less stressful for you all!
Alison xx

Sian said...

I'm sorry to hear about your week and I'm hoping that the next one is a bit more settled. Your pages are wonderful and I do agree about the calming effects of scrapbooking. Definitely.

Liz said...

Hope next week is a better one. Your journalling card fits really well on that layout. Well done on doing so many xx

Missus Wookie said...

So sorry to hear about the rough week, I hope this week is better. Scrapbooking is how I recover my equilibrium too, glad you were able to create some pages. That journaling card fits in so nicely and ooooh washi tape. Paperchase have some - I like their Tottenham Court Rd store :)

Louise said...

in a mad house of boys scrapbooking keeps me sane. Glad it helped you too - lovely selection of pages.