Saturday, 2 February 2013

Scrapbook Saturday | Telling Tales

A definite plus to a tidy craft space is the desire to create.
A simple page documenting The Boy Child's 6th birthday.  I went back to Cathy Zielske's Design Your Life class for inspiration.
For a page about The Boy Child's school photo, I used some stickers that had been on his blazer (I stuck them on to kraft and inked the edges) to make the banner.  The small embellie on the bottom left is my very first attempt at trying out Miss Smith's Pretty Polaroid Project.  And as first attempts go, I didn't think it turned out too badly.
I also made a slightly indulgent page about those who love my son based purely on the premise that they love me. It was while I was looking at these photos that the thought struck me; that unconditional love is truly an amazing and wonderful thing.
This final page features blocking and is from Miss Smith's Telling Tales class.  I cannot begin to tell you just how much I love the look of this layout.  Note how it combines the Pretty Polaroid Project (I like to think that I've got better at those ...) and home-made journaling cards.  She's a clever one, that Miss Smith.
I've also almost caught up with Project Life; I'm now only two weeks behind.

10 comments:

Kirsty.a said...

These all look fab, and all so different. Great idea to use The Boy Child's stickers. I must remember that

Sian said...

How could anyone NOT love that face? he's a heartbreaker :)

I love the idea of turning the stickers into a banner - very celebratory

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Great looking pages! I really like the look of the last one, I love block style pages. Know what you mean about a clean space encouraging crafting. I think it's the ability to actually see & find things right off that does it. ;)

Liz said...

They're all great but I do like the Miss Smith LO best. I've actually managed to complete mine this afternoon and hope to do some more tomorrow.

humel said...

Super layouts all, Ruth, love them :) GOod to see how Miss Smith's class has inspired you! I'm loving the prompts, but haven't been able to act on them yet... Filing it all away in the creative part of my brain!

Alison said...

Those are all lovely layouts and I agree with your thoughts on unconditional love! I have managed to finish Kirsty's first prompt and hope to get it photographed tomorrow
Alison xx

Karen said...

What a fantastic array of layouts. I too love the 'Miss Smith' one best and got my first one in the class done today - I combined it with story telling Sunday so will blog it tomorrow.

Beverly said...

Wonderful layouts and unconditional love is truly a blessing :)

Missus Wookie said...

The family love chain is quite astonishing isn't it? Taken for granted when we are very small too. That Cathy Zielske inspiration made me smile - Saturday as I emptied my scraps drawer I found one of those, obviously printed in two colours and used the other. Tucked it into a photo envelope for another LO, after I've done the mini albums...

Becky said...

Great layouts and I love the blocking one. I am about to have a go at the jorunallling cards - yours are great, as are the polaroids too :) x