Thursday, 7 March 2013

This Life

It's not been a good week.
I haven't been very well.  Nothing serious.
I am tired.  So tired.
I shriek and I yell.
I can hear myself sounding like a fishwife.
The Boy Child's autism has made its presence felt at home.  Reports from school are good.
There is no movement re the sale of our house.
There is talk of an offer.
It's a good offer.
I want to able to make an offer on a new house.
I want to be able to find a house to make an offer on.
I am completely out of ideas for blog posts.
I want to come up with something new and that will be of interest to my readers.

But it isn't all doom and gloom.
Tomorrow sees The Boy Child go to school dressed as Fantastic Mr Fox.
New week, we will attend the only performance of the school's play.
It's Fantastic Mr Fox.
The Lower School Spring Concert is looming.
So is end of term.
Deb and Carrie are coming.  There will be Sunday lunch.

And as for me, I will carry on.  I will kiss The Boy Child goodnight.  I will do the evening chores.  I will make a pot of tea and watch a spot of TV.  I will go to bed.  And tomorrow will be another day.

13 comments:

Robyn said...

awwwww!!! Ruth! It's a rough time right now. You have a LOT up in the air...and that would rattle anyone. Go easy on yourself. This will pass.

humel said...

Oh, Ruth - thinking of you, and sending you lots of hugs xx Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Amy said...

I hate weeks like that when you feel sick and overwhelmed. Goodness Ruth, you have lots of balls in the air right now. Take care and rest up over the weekend, each day as you feel better it will seem easier to cope.

Ladkyis said...

As the young man said in "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel"
It will be alright in the end. If it is not alright then it is not yet the end".
Shrieking like a fishwife is allowed by the way. It allows everyone else to know that you have limits and you need them to be strong for you for a change. It also releases a lot of pent up frustration. I bet the dog put its paws over its ears though... Hugs and soothing stuff coming your way - Welsh cwtches they are.

Carrie Rosalind said...

I have had a crummy week too...sorry to hear that you are in the same boat!

But yes - VERYYYY excited about visiting and meeting you! Can't wait to meet you and The Boy Child!

Kirsty.a said...

Sorry to hear you've had a week like mine. My hassles are more work-related, but not helped by World Book Day activities either.

Lizzie said...

Aww.. you have my wholehearted sympathy! I had that lurgy that's going round (so did mum & ended up in hospital, but that's another story!). It does seem to leave you feeling totally exhausted. Perhaps that's what you have (had)?
Spring is on the way. People house-hunt in the spring and I'm sure you will get your house sold soon. Then you can enjoy your own house-hunting - hopefully in the sunshine. It's so stressful, trying to sell a house (I know this, I've sold/bought five!). I wish you luck and a great offer, very soon!
Hope you feel better by today and that you get a dose of spring sunshine soon, to cheer you up! X

alexa said...

I am arriving here a bt late, but hoping that things are improving in lots of ways - this is such a stressful and tough time for you. Your board made me smile! (Though I think I am coming down with something!).

Alison said...

I'm even later than Alexa!..I do hope your week has improved and that the weekend allows some 'you' time..sending hugs your way
Alison xx

Dawn said...

Ruth, I know I'm a bit late but just wanted you to know you're not alone. I've also been feeling down this week and didn't really know why. Luckily I have a good friend who I met for a chat and it cleared my head! I do hope you're feeling better now and I'm sure everything will drop into place soon! xx

Missus Wookie said...

Hoping you are feeling better - there are so many horrible bugs going around I'm not surprised you're feeling not quite 100%. Glad you are going to meet up with people and hope that there is news on houses to.

Rhona said...

Sorry to hear this Ruth. Hope you are starting to feel a little better. As everyone's been saying, you have a lot on your plate at the moment. Try to be gentle on yourself and hopefully things will seem do-able again soon. Looking forward to meeting you at the end of the month. xx

Becky said...

I do hope that things are now looking up for you, even if it is only a little x