Sunday, 9 June 2013

Photography Scavenger Hunt 2013: Round-up #1

Time for a round-up of how I've got on this week.
The first item ticked off was #3: City Hall.  This is the Town Hall for our London Borough.  It often features as a backdrop to many a London-based television drama.
The next item ticked off was #20: dinosaur.  I had planned to nip into the Natural History Museum and photograph their Diplodocus.  He conveniently stands in the entrance hall.  However, when I was in town yesterday to pick up my watch from the jewellers, I spotted the windows of Louis Vuitton.  As you can see, the sun was out, so I may attempt the shot again when it's cloudy.  I'm sure I won't have to wait long.    
Last up is #21: photo of self with artistic tool.  Here I am using my Cricut machine, having blown the dust off it, to cut titles for two scrapbook pages.
The Scavenger Hunt is the brainchild of Rinda and you can read the list and "rules" here.

14 comments:

debs14 said...

That dinosaur was a lucky find! Isn't it great when something turns up when you aren't expecting it?

Jane said...

good to see the cricut dusted and being used!

scrappyjacky said...

I really like the dinosaur pic with all the reflections.

Kirsty.A said...

Good start. I have a few good pictures from our visit to the Natural History museum in the Autumn. but I want to try to find them all through the summer.

beccaf1970 said...

Great finds! Your city hall is beautiful!

Sandie said...

A great start Ruth - I quite like the reflections with your dinorsaur

Becky said...

Great dinosaur photo! That was the one photo I got to take this weekend - will hopefully post it later in the week :-)

Liz said...

Love the dinosaur. And where else would the model sit?

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Awesome dino photo!

Beverly said...

You're off to a good start and I'd keep this dino shot, I love the reflection :)

Missus Wookie said...

I like the self reflection dino, yeah for getting the dust off a craft tool too.

Maria Ontiveros said...

Ruth,
I missed this post, too! I love the dinosaur and the photo of you with your craft tool.
rinda

BJ said...

Loving all your photos, super dinosaur, love your window and the telecom tower is cool. BJ

Rosalinda Hone said...

What's great about a photo scavenger hunt is that you need to take a closer look of your surroundings. Most of the items included there can't be found in your home, so you really have to go outside and explore. There are times when you even need to go to far-off locations just to find what you're looking for.

Rosalinda Hone @ Riddle Me