Sunday, 16 June 2013

Photography Scavenger Hunt 2013: Round-up #2

Time for a round-up of how I got on this week.
The first item ticked off was #14: stained glass object.  This is the window on our stairwell.
Next up was #7: a sign that is funny, intentional or otherwise.  Every time I open the cupboard where the tea and coffee are kept, I chuckle.  Of course, you may say that this is a label, not a sign, but I'm sticking with my Guatemalan Elephant, if it's all the same to you.
Following on, we have #7: a bench outside.  These benches can be found in the quad of the Royal Hospital, Chelsea.
 Where happily, I also found #18: local pub/bar, coffee shop or tea house.
#2: theatre for performing arts was found almost next door to The Boy Child's school.  It's an am dram company, but it's so good, they could easily be professional.  Dame Judi Dench is the Patron.
And finally for this week, #13: fence was seen when walking the pooch on the Common. The idea is that the fence protects the Oak from streams of dog wee.  It would be better served if it could be protected from marauding teenagers.
It was a good scavenging week for me.  How are you getting on?
You'll find full details of this year's Scavenger Hunt on Rinda's blog here.

11 comments:

Sian said...

I have yet to make a start: I'm saving it up for the holiday. But I'm loving what I'm seeing so far. That stained glass is beautiful

Kirsty.A said...

Good job. Love your stained glass. And your Guatemalan elephant coffee. I don't drink coffee , and I'm quite glad as the picture it conjures was not very appetising

Ladkyis said...

OH excellent! I have been pretty quiet this week.

alexa said...

How lovely is your window! It must be a joy to have this ...

Abi said...

You are doing a great job! I like the detail and meaning your photos have like the chelsea pensioners ones. I haven't got any yet! arghh!

Wrightboysmum said...

You're off to a great start. The coffee made me smile, so very apt I think.

Missus Wookie said...

Wookie has promised me a stained glass window once we move... Great start to your collection and the oak fence comment made me smile.

Becky said...

Excellent photos!

Gail said...

What a great bunch of photos. Love your stained glass window and those benches are neat looking.

Maria Ontiveros said...

Ruth,
I don't know how I missed this post. I blame it on figuring out feedly, I think! Anyway, I love that bench and what a funny little fence.
Plus, I love pubs. So fun to see your local.
Thanks for playing along with the hunt,
Rinda

marshaleith said...

beautiful stained glass