Sunday, 23 June 2013

Photography Scavenger Hunt 2013: Round-up #3

Time for a round-up of how I did this week.
Last Saturday (15th), The Boy Child and I went looking for a tower.
On the way in to town, we found #6: someone/thing taking a nap.  I did have a momentary pang of conscience about snapping a stranger asleep, but not enough to deter me from taking the shot.
 #15: fire engine/police car kindly put in an appearance.
 The sun came out for #8: tower.  It's the BT Telecom Tower and is a London landmark.
On the way to the bus stop we saw #9: photo with something that is out of place.  It saddens me that London in the 21st Century still has homeless people sleeping rough on the streets (and in this instance, just a stone's throw from Centrepoint, the homeless charity's HQ).  If you click on the image, you should be able to read what the advert for the Standard says.  Rather ironic.
Last Sunday we walked down to the river and The Brainy One spotted #19: fisherman. I reckon that's dedication to the sport of fishing.
It was another good scavenging week for me.  How are you getting on?
You'll find full details of this year's Scavenger Hunt on Rinda's blog here.

20 comments:

Kirsty.A said...

A good haul (probably better than that fisherman's!) I forgot about police car - there was one at R'school fete yesterday. Wonder if hey are coming to M's next week?

Sian said...

They don't like us photographing police cars round here!

The fisherman is a good one..I'm thinking that might be a tricky one

scrappyjacky said...

A few good catches there....hope the fisherman got one as well!!

Missus Wookie said...

Agreed on the homeless - always saddens me too. Good scavanging and yep BT is a iconic London tower :)

debs14 said...

Love that Post Office Tower, perfect for a Scavenger Hunter in London!
Don't feel bad about the underground photo, there is a whole website dedicated to people asleep on the tube! Yes, really!

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Great bunch of photos! Love your tower!

Jo.C said...

You are storming through the list. Some great finds x

Becky said...

Some excellent shots here :-)

Ladkyis said...

I think the police car/fire engine will be hard because they go past our house so fast - we live just down the road, on the direct route to the motorway for the police and the direct route from the fire station to the top half of the city centre for the fire engines - we also get the odd ambulance too but all at high speed

Alison said...

Well done on the Police Car...I'm a bit wary of taking a pic of one here..our policeman are heavily armed!....am hoping to see one parked while the policemen are having a break!
Alison xx

Deb @ Paper Turtle said...

Read finds, Ruth. I love seeing the photos taken around your lovely city. Oh how Carrie and I miss London...

Maria Ontiveros said...

Ruth,
I love this batch of photos. The one of the sleeping gentlemen is really well composed and I could look at it for a long time. The homeless one is sad and full of social commentary, while also being ironic.
Thanks for linking up today.
Rinda

Miriam said...

What a great collection of finds, you must be nearly done? I loved the sleeping guy on the train, you were brave, he would have woken if it had been me. The sleeper at the station tugs my heart and yes the advert is indeed ironic. Visiting from Rinda's link

boysmum2 said...

wow those are some awesome finds, well done

Chipper Newman said...

I have just looked at all your hunt photos, you have managed to collect quite a few already! I really liked the dinosaur, I bet that was a surprise.

Fiona@staring at the sea said...

You're going great guns Ruth (I read back!) with two thirds of the list ticked off :o) You're braver than I would have been snapping a stranger napping!

Karen said...

You are WAY ahead of me, and you have some great finds! Love the one of the man on the subway.

qwiksave said...

Ooh, London is such an exciting place to photograph. I agree about the homeless situation, it is so sad to see people in that position. We have beggars in our town and our lccal paper this week told us not to give them any money direct but to give it to the community places that are set up to help these people.. You were brave to take the person on the tube, I took my sleeping person from a distance - does look better close up though.

Sandie said...

Great photos Ruth - I loved your momentary guilt about snapping a stranger asleep - needs must! LOL

Wrightboysmum said...

Well done on this weeks haul. I'm looking forward to seeing your holiday hunt photos. I'm doing better than last year, fingers crossed it continues.