Friday, 28 June 2013

Sharing a Cuppa

Hi, do have a few minutes to share a cuppa?  Come on in out of the rain.  Forgive me if I keep looking out of the kitchen window, I'm expecting my online grocery order any time now.
How are you?
Things here have changed considerably since I last saw you, believe you me.  Our biggest news is that we are no longer moving house.  We accepted a good offer on this house, but were unable to find a house that we both liked enough to buy.  Expensive business, moving house, can't afford to get it wrong.
I was fairly disappointed for a while, but now I realise that where we currently live isn't so bad.  In fact, there's quite a lot to be said for it.  It's just that in my mind I'd already moved, you know?
Do you have plans for the summer?  If it ever gets here.  We're heading to the land of Disney shortly and The Boy Child is also spending a week with his Granny.  Yes, just the two of them.
When are your children finished for the summer?  The Boy Child has seven days left in school.  Seven!  I swear the holidays get earlier and earlier.  He is excited by the prospect of Year Two and Mr W as his teacher.  "It's going to be work, work, work, mummy!"  Isn't it astonishing how time speeds up once you have children?
Oh, that looks like my grocery delivery.  No, no, no need to go.  It'll take me less than five minutes to put it all away.  Time enough for the kettle to reboil and to find you a biscuit or two ...

This post has been brought to you in association with Abi's invitation to share a cup of tea.

10 comments:

Sian said...

You have my big red poster on your teapot :)

Moving house is one of the hardest of life events, much harder than most people give themselves credit for I think. Sorry to hear that your plans have been all changed round..and I hope you get to do some nice things over the summer to reduce the stress levels a bit. No: make that.. a lot.

Deb @ Paper Turtle said...

Well, for whatever reason I suppose this just wasn't the right time to move. But at least you have your house all spiffy and fixed up, right?

I'm so excited for you guys to go to Disneyland, and I can't wait to hear about it and see your photos!

Have a lovely weekend, Ruth, and thanks for the tea! ;o)

Abi said...

I'm sorry to hear about your change of plan Ruth but as you say it is such an important decision that you don't want to rush it. The boy child makes me smile. I like how excited he is for year 2. Thank you so much for stopping and having tea with me today.

Kirsty.A said...

Sorry to hear the house move didn't work out (I did wonder about all the preparations for Yr 2!) Thanks for the biccies

debs14 said...

This is obviously not the right time for you to move - its too big a thing to make a hasty decision. Probably best to stay also when TBC is settled at his school.
You will love Disney, I hope you have an enormous album ready for all those photos you will have to make layouts from!

Alison said...

I'm glad you've accepted the fact that where you are isn't so bad...I can imagine your initial disappointment...am SO jealous of the Disney visit!
Alison xx

Alison said...

I'm glad you've accepted the fact that where you are isn't so bad...I can imagine your initial disappointment...am SO jealous of the Disney visit!
Alison xx

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Ruth, you have no idea how much I want to meet you. Things here are still in a holding pattern, but each day, each second is precious, too.

I love entertaining my English blog friends, and nothing would give me more pleasure than entertaining you. If it works out, it would truly make my summer complete!

xoxoxo,

Sheila

Beverly said...

I had been a tad confused reading about school next year and it sounding like it was at the same school but thought I had missed a post or two. I can imagine the disappointment but how nice to know that your house can sell when the time is right. From the news about TBC's spelling and writing it sounds like staying at the same school for now is a very good thing :0

boysmum2 said...

Life definitely races by when you have kids, I have found that too. 1 minute they are little and the next they are showing you how to use the computer!!
Jealous of your Disney trip my 2 would love to visit but any park is over 12 hours flyign for us and just a little too expensive at present

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...