Saturday, 13 July 2013

Scrapbook Saturday

This week saw the start of Ali's new class, Hello Story, at BPC and I was super impressed with week one's handout, which focused on story structure and the use of timelines.
One idea was to showcase a selection of related photos, such as holiday photos, in a circular timeline format. If I'm honest, I've probably made my pizza slices too big for a 12x12 page, but I'm happy with the overall finished look.  I realised that very few photos from my RAF days survive and of those that do, none have been scrapped.  That is something to rectify, as looking at the photos I do have brings back a million or more memories.  And it's all about the story.
Another suggestion was to create a timeline that ran across two pages.  I used a selection of photos from The Boy Child's last term in Year One.  (The classroom shots were taken professionally and are also candidates for inclusion in the new school prospectus.)
The washi tape and thread along the top of the white card also help to bring the two pages together.  I made the stars by covering white card with washi tape and then used a large star punch.
This last page was a spot of here-and-now scrapbooking.  Another page for our Family History album.
What have you been creating this week?

11 comments:

Amy said...

I can imagine Ali's class will be choc full of inspiration and writing ideas - your pages have all come together well Ruth and I look forward to seeing more for the duration of the class.

Kirsty.A said...

I love your peas in a pod embellishment - so cute

Abi said...

I like the "pizza slice' style layout at the top. I would love to hear your stories of your RAF days. Those photos of TBC are beautiful.

Deb @ Paper Turtle said...

Your layouts are awesome, Ruth. Gosh, Ali Edwards is so inspirational, isn't she?

scrappyjacky said...

I love the timeline idea....and your pages look great.

Mum said...

Impressed with it all. They will be great to look back on. I have just had a lesson on downloading stuff as I have some great photos (in my humble opinion) which I would like to share - watch this space!

Karen said...

Love all three pages but the third one is definitely my favourite. I have been creating today but as it is DT stuff cannot show it yet but I am going to blog my page from last week's crop later.

debs14 said...

I am trying hard to choose a favourite, but love them all! I think the second one wins by a whisker though.

Missus Wookie said...

Nice to see you are taking that class too - enjoyed seeing your versions. I like the layering of the photos of TBC at school.

Managed a couple of digi pages yesterday and I've just ordered photos for a couple of layouts to work on this week. Looking forward to having a go at that pizza design - can see me using that for several different stories.

Carrie Rosalind said...

Yay! I'm taking Hello Story too and I'm absolutely loving it so far. Your pages look great - my favorite is the 2-page one! :)

alexa said...

These are all splendidly designed and put together, and I am impressed by your output! I love your two-pager especially. Isn't it a great class?