Friday, 16 August 2013

Simply a Moment

I'm sitting in my office and surveying the mess that surrounds me.  Perhaps The Brainy One is correct when he says that two desks is one desk too many in such a small space.
The desk with the computer on is littered with things that need attending to or putting away: a card for my nephew that should have been posted last week, an almost flat iPad Mini, a flat camera, a lukewarm cup of tea ...
My scrapping desk has pages about our recent holiday on it.  Some stitching is required.  The Summer Manifesto I planned to complete for The Boy Child still needs to be cut out.  Under the desk is a collection of card and paper, a few new Project Life items, the holiday album and the current Project Life album.
Goodness, what's happened to the carpet?  Close inspection reveals that there seems to be a fresh crop of dirty marks and dog hair.  I like how the pooch curls up next to me when I am scrapping, but not if this is the end result!
From the kitchen, I can hear the coffee pot filling, the pooch padding about on the floor tiles and the dulcet tones of Chris Evans on the radio.  It's time to swallow the last few mouthfuls of lukewarm tea and begin my day.
Spring cleaning of my office is first on the list.
08.55, 16 August

Alexa, of Trimming the Sails, invites people to share a moment with her around this date of each month. Nothing fancy, just a few well chosen words, or a photo, or a scrapbook page.
What's your moment?    

9 comments:

alexa said...

I know you think your space needs a tidy-up, but I really enjoyed the view of that lovely light oak (?) desk this morning. Sounds as if pooch may need some new house rules reading to him! Thank-you very much indeed for joining in again this month, especially so early in your day, and letting us have a little glimpse over your shoulder :).

debs14 said...

Even though we have a desk in the study, I always prefer to do anything creative on the dining room table. I do like to spread my mess around the whole house!
I like the image of you sitting there with your layouts, sipping tea in the sunshine with the dog beneath the desk.

Alison said...

I have just moved my scrapping space, and am still in the process of finding new homes for things!...hope you're starting to enjoy a little 'you' time
Alison xx

Cris AdF said...

well... i have to say that your scrap place is much much more clean than mine...
cris
lalchimisteartisane.blogspot.com

Miriam said...

I thought your desk was very tidy and compared to mine it is pristine! I love your early morning moment.

Jennie said...

Loved sharing this moment - and oh how I wish my scrapping space was HALF as tidy! J x

Deb @ Paper Turtle said...

A somewhat messes desk/craft space is a happy one. A lovely moment, Ruth. xo

Becky said...

Loved your moment Ruth :) hope you get to finish some of your projects soon.

Missus Wookie said...

Hope you got a fresh cup of tea before doing too much cleaning. Lovely morning moment.