Wednesday, 12 February 2014

The Written Word

I'm known to lament the lack of personal mail received in this house.
I'm known to be guilty of not writing as many proper letters as I did when I was younger.
In this year of being more, I plan to rectify that.
Because using social media is not always the answer.
The friend who moved to Morocco with her husband's job?  Drop her a line.
The blog friend who became a real-life friend and who hardly blogs at all now?  Drop her a line. 
The blog friend who became a real-life friend?  Drop her a line, just because. 
Because, as Deb wrote today, "Your presence matters to me, and to this world.  You matter."
I love good stationery.
Paperchase is one of my favourites stores.
Smythson is my dream store.
I'm a fan of the humble postcard and funky notelets.  (The ones in the photo came from Phoenix Trading; great quality and good value for money.)
How about you?  Do you still write real letters?

5 comments:

Deb @ Paper Turtle said...

Aw, you are so sweet, Ruth. Thank you for spreading the good words this morning! And this reminds me, I need to address some postcards myself. xo

joy said...

I'm joining in with LetterMo, on the Postcrossing website for this month, the challenge is to send one written letter or postcard for each day of the month, I'm doing well so far. I'm also a Phoenix Trader, just simply because I really, really love their stationery.
Joy x x

furrypig said...

I am also part of lettermo and have sent something each day (there is mail) so far... I decided to send lots of people short notes and addressed a big pile of postcards and I am writing one most days to someone on my list it is a great thing to do! You are great at sending lovely postcards as I have been lucky enough to receive some in the past... enjoy!

alexa said...

Such a great project to take part in, Ruth :). You will be brightening the day of a number of people!

Missus Wookie said...

What a lovely project. I'd not seen those shops before - Paperchase on Tottenham Court Road is one of my favourite places to browse between meetings. I love getting cards so send them out :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...