Sunday, 27 April 2014

Sharing a Cuppa

Hi, hi, c'mon in.  Your timing is perfect, as the boys are still at the cinema (watching Rio 2) and I've just made lunch and the teapot's still hot.
How are you and yours?  We're all fine and ready for the Easter holidays to be over. We've packed a lot in, but I do feel that three weeks off is a week too long.  Especially when you consider that we have a Bank Holiday in just over a week's time and half-term in a month's time.
How was your Easter?  Were you away or did you stay home and perhaps have visitors?  The Boy Child and I were in the US, as you probably know, and he was thoroughly spoiled by the American Easter Bunny. A whole bucket of stuff from his friends' mum and another bag full from their Nana.  (But, funnily enough, no Easter egg.)
He's going to be very disappointed next year!
Do you like chocolate or are you one of those strange rare people that can take it or leave it?  I've noticed that as I've got older, I've no time for designer chocolate; give me Cadbury's Fruit and Nut and I'll be a happy bunny, if you'll excuse the pun.
Would you like anything else to eat?  Let me refill your mug, it won't take me a moment.
What's that?  What was the outcome of The Boy Child's Review?  I wish I knew.  It seems that the Panel needed some questions answered by the school in early April. Then, of course, they don't sit in the school holidays.  If we're lucky, his Review may be looked at again tomorrow.  But I'm not holding my breath.  The whole thing is demoralising.
Let's change the subject.  Let's talk about scrapbooking, you know it's my favourite past time.  I have some lovely paper from October Afternoon called Travel Girl and I'm itching to start using it.  No prizes for what I'll be scrapping in the next few weeks.  Do you have any projects on the go? Did I mention my dabbling with making a quilt square?  No?  Never mind, I'll save it for next time.

This post has been brought to you in association with Abi's invitation to share a cup of tea.



12 comments:

debs14 said...

We only have a two week Easter break at the school in which I work. Sounds like you had a great trip to the US and I can't wait to see/hear more about it.
We covered the new procedures for educational special needs at our CPD day and I immediately thought of you. It's making it so much harder for parents, it is not fair, and it will ultimately mean that the schools cannot offer the level of support that the students need because the funding will be cut. It's not right at all. I do hope that you are successful this year, I believe the new criteria is being phased in over 3 years.
Better stock up on the Cadbury's fruit & nut!

scrappyjacky said...

Looking forward to seeing your travel pages....I've recently got some of the Travel Girl papers....and hope to start using them soon.

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Because of all the snow days we had our 4 day Easter weekend was cut to just a regular weekend. So we just stayed home & had a quiet day.

I like dark chocolate, not milk chocolate so that cuts out most mass produced chocolate treats for me. Our candy companies are only now getting around to offering it in limited ways.
I hope you get the review answers soon.

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

I know all about the struggles of a parent with an ASD child, when it comes to education (as well as everything else!) and getting the right provision of help. Look forward to seeing how you scrap your trip to the US. We've been back at school for a week already.

Abi said...

I've been loving your photos on fb and on here about the US. What a fun time! The holiday was all too short in our house because of all the revision that needed to get done!

What a pain about the review. I am praying and hoping you hear back soon.

I'm with you on the chocolate front. Nothing fancy over here either, plain milk choc is perfect for me!

furrypig said...

I enjoy the holidays for lots of reasons but part of me always loves getting us all back into the 'normal' routines. Looking forward to seeing your Big Apple scrapbook pages.

my cup of tea said...

Yes our Bunny in the USA goes basket/bucket crazy! LOL I just adore chocolate of almost any kind.
Cant wait to peek at your quilt square!
donna

Sian said...

Honestly? I don't really like chocolate! I would choose something savoury or very sugary over chocolate anytime. My family have now come round to this and buy me jelly beans instead.

I hope you get some news about the review very soon

Amy said...

I've recently been eating cacao - my goodness it is quite delicious, but only if you like the very darkest of chocolate ... it's not sugary and maybe that's why I like it better? Sian might prefer it too?

Jane said...

I'm trying not to eat chocolate at the moment so only had one cadbury's egg at Easter.

S said...

It does sound like he had an Easter to remember. Our spring break here doesn't coincide with Easter and the 4 day weekend was changed to a 2 day weekend when we needed to make up so many snow days. But it was a lovely weekend nonetheless. I have to admit that I've developed a taste for "designer" chocolate since we went on a chocolate tasting tour last month. If I am going to have just a little, I'd prefer the really rich stuff. But of course I'd never turn down plain ole chocolate either.

Missus Wookie said...

I only got the four days and ended up working half of those at least in part. Lovely to catch up and hoping you get a useful reply from the Review Board soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...