Friday, 23 May 2014

Five on Friday

1) We've been celebrating The Boy Child being chosen as Lower School Star of the Week for a vast improvement in all subjects and a positive attitude towards friends and school.
The mug shot photo was taken by a teacher and not by me.  Obviously.
2) I've had an overdue haircut and am subsequently discovering a lot more grey silver strands.
3)  We've received an invitation to a garden party.  How lovely.  We'd love to come, thanks very much. And such an scrapbooky (The Brainy One's word) invitation.
4) I'm enjoying the country garden currently blooming in the grounds of the church on the Broadway.
  5) I've almost accomplished the redesign of my office space.
There's still stuff on the floor that needs a new home, but the whole space is looking much better for the time and effort I've invested in it.

How does your Friday look?

10 comments:

Mel said...

Well done to the boy child - a great accolade. Our Friday has involved waiting for the washing machine repair man, getting soaked in the rain and packing boxes for our move. A useful but not so fun day!

Ladkyis said...

Well done TBC! How has my Friday been? well, I broke a tooth off my denture and a phone call to the dentist didn't help as Hilary reminded me that it is a bank holiday weekend!! My daughter will stop in at the chemists to procure a denture repair kit to tide me over until I can do something proper. As long as I don't talk or eat I will be fine

debs14 said...

Brilliant news TBC - and very well deserved. Now the teacher just needs to have a few photo lessons!
And those hairs? Not grey, not silver - they're just colourless!

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Well done to my little friend, The Boy Child! Tell him that I am very proud of him. :o)

Have a great weekend, Ruth! xo

scrappyjacky said...

Well done to TBC.

Karen said...

Congratulations to TBC and my Friday shaped up just grand thank you. A day off work, a new hat purchased for a wedding, a walk with the dog, the downstairs cleaned and tidied and some craft time squeezed in too.

helena said...

congratulations Star of the Week and your garden party card looks fabulously sprabooky

Sian said...

Hooray for a STAR!

The boys got back here on Thursday night, so Friday saw the start of the laundry and the stocking of the fridge

Missus Wookie said...

Congratulations to TBC!

Reorganising always takes time but I'm glad it has been worth it.

Gail said...

Well done and Congratulations to TBC.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...