Thursday, 1 May 2014

Happy Mail | Handmade

I have a smallish pile of cards and postcards sitting on my computer desk.
They are there ready for when I want to send someone a handwritten note in the post.
Sometimes though, they're not quite what I want.
So I make my own.
A 6x4 photo.
An off-cut of card from the Scraps box.
An International stamp for postcards (thanks, Deb).
And a spot of airmail type washi tape.
Simple.
(The recipients of this card are The Boy Child's friends who moved to Morocco last summer and we get to send it through the diplomatic bag.  Super cool.)
Drop me a line at roo1968ATyahooDOTcoDOTuk if you'd like to receive something similar.
Photo of face pulling is optional.

5 comments:

Missus Wookie said...

What a cool looking postcard - the washi tape adds something. Was at your end of London the other day for a client, they were waxing lyrical about the bluebells in the woods nearby :)

Margaret J said...

They will be delighted. I had happy mail from Isabelle today which brightened a grey and wet morning.

Anonymous said...

I just received my BEAUTIFUL card!!!!! Thank you so much.

Lovely card from a lovely friend. Miss you all and looking forward to Christmas!
xx

Alison said...

Why don't I know about International stamps?!...
Alison xx

ScrappingKatie said...

Hello Ruth! I found your blog a little while ago and love reading about your adventures :) I am also trying to send real mail this year as I have such nice memories of the excitement of post when I was younger. You have inspired me to make a batch of cards to have ready to send when inspiration strikes! Have a lovely bank holiday weekend in the sun (I hope it is sunny with you, it's not so far from me and the view this morning is lovely)
Katie x