Friday, 2 May 2014

In the Name of Friendship

The things you do for a friend.
Do you remember my vague post about sewing a quilt square?
Fiona asked me to make a square as a surprise for a mutual friend who is a member of her Friendship Quilt group.
It was hard to say no.
I roped in my mum and my sister.
And now that Fiona has emailed me to say the parcel has been received, we can do the Big Reveal.
 ~ trying my best ~
 ~ finished ~
~ ready to go ~
I thought I'd photographed the squares from mum and my sister, but as I can't find them on the PC, I obviously didn't.  
Who were they for?
None other than the lovely Deb ... and the parcel arrived on her actual birthday.
Happy birthday, friend!
Perfect timing.

9 comments:

Sian said...

I'd been meaning to ask you how you got on with your sewing. that's brilliant!

Karen said...

I made my first quilt square for the self same person - loved doing as a one off. Beautiful colours in your one.

scrappyjacky said...

Such pretty fabric,Ruth....well done.

Marion L said...

Ah, good job, and how special it is to have a friend handmake something for you. I'm sure it will be cherished. The big question is ... have you been caught by the bug, will there be more patchwork on the blog in days to come??

Rhona said...

Well done, Ruth! That will surely be a special square in the quilt knowing that your first square was for her :) x

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Ruth! I just can't tell you what this means to me. I was so surprised yesterday, and so touched at the gesture - I am still shaking my head in awe this morning. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart! Your quilt square is absolutely perfect, and I love your mom and sister's too! I will send you a proper thank you outside of this blog comment. xo

debs14 said...

It's so lovely Ruth! Pretty fabrics sewn with love - perfect!

Alison said...

Perfect timing indeed..your square is lovely...well done you!
Alison xx

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

Such pretty fabrics and a grand job you made of it. Thanks so much for joining in with the surprise. Will there be a second square, I wonder?