Tuesday, 6 May 2014

The Footie Fan

I've never been a huge supporter of any given game.
Sure, I love Wimbledon and the Olympics, but outside of those events, I don't follow any particular sport.
The Brainy One has his rugby.
The Boy Child has, thanks to certain family members, discovered football (soccer).
In a BIG way.
There is just one team for him.
Liverpool.
When talking about the team, he uses the words us and we.
He reads the sports pages of the Times when he comes home from school.
Every.  Single.  Day.
Okay, so in the above photo he's looking at the Six Nations Rugby commentary, but you get the idea.
And right now, things are hotting up.
The FIFA World Cup: 12 June - 13 July.
I can hardly wait.

6 comments:

alexa said...

So how many young gentlemen his age read ANY page of The Times? You must be so proud :). Love that photo of him in his red kit ...

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Oh that is so cute, Ruth. Do you have an opportunity for kids to play sports where you live? My nieces and nephews all play soccer and love it. It's really fun that your boy has taken such an interest in the sport!

Gail said...

Oh that is so neat. When we were away we had quite the discussion with a little boy about soccer as we call it - he knew the record of everyone on his favourite team. So cute.

Ladkyis said...

reading the newspaper is so good. I am encouraging my granddaughter to read the pages of local activities in our paper. I don't buy national papers.

Sian said...

The funniest thing happened to me - about two days before I discovered I was expecting TTO, I started watching The World Cup. 1994. Never watched football before. And I've been watching football, Rugby and Grand Prix with him every since. So I hear you :)

Missus Wookie said...

Anything that gets 'em reading and excited :) Wookie's SIL is an avid fan of the same team, so our nephew is too (family expectations) I've bought more than one bit of Liverpool stuff over the years.