Friday, 6 June 2014

Hernias and History

It's been a funny old day.
The Brainy One went into hospital for a repair to a hernia.
There was a worrying moment (more like an hour) when he was held in Recovery because his heart was beating too fast.
But the human body is an amazing instrument and he was soon back with me and tucking into chicken salad sandwiches.
I passed the time watching the BBC's coverage of the 70th Anniversary of the D-Day landings.
I felt humble.
 I felt proud.
I felt emotional.
~ D-Day images from Yahoo ~
All at the same time.
As I go to bed tonight, I will be thanking God for those young men and women of 70 years ago and for the skill of modern day surgeons.
It's been a funny old day.

5 comments:

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Oh wow Ruth, that is scary stuff for The Brainy One. Glad he is on the mend!

Amy said...

That makes for an emotionally draining day Ruth - I hope he recovers quickly and that there are no further complications regarding fibrillation or heart issues.

The D-Day services are on my mind too.

alexa said...

Glad all is well, and yes, we are so fortunate in many ways. A very thought provoking post; and you must be worn out today ...

Gail said...

I hope he's well on the road to recovery with no more blips in the road. I was watching the coverage from Normandy off and on and silently thanking my Dad and his friends for all they did for us.

Sian said...

That was indeed quite a day. Sorry to only be hearing about it this morning - I hope the weekend was a relaxing time of recovery. (sure I'll find out in a minute..)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...