Monday, 16 June 2014

Photography Scavenger Hunt

This weekend saw me ticking off a few more from the list:
#5: A rack of postcards.
There's a kiosk outside Hyde Park Corner and its location is perfect for attracting tourists to buy tat memorabilia.  The Boy Child very kindly agreed to appear in the shot to give a sense of scale.  (He is 1.30m tall.)
#8: A tattoo on a person.
Our Danish friend let me photograph his arm and wondered why I declined his offer of swapping his t-shirt for a wife-beater vest ...
#14: A parade.
The Mounted Band of the Household Cavalry returning to Knightsbridge Barracks after Trooping the Colour.
Are you taking part in Rinda's annual Scavenger Hunt?

8 comments:

debs14 said...

What a perfect choice for 'parade'. How lucky you are to have so many interesting places right on your doorstep!

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Great photos, Ruth. And of course you'd have easy access to a parade! That's one that I will be VERY surprised to find! If I want to see a parade I would have to a) find one happening, and b) fight the crowds to make it happen. Probably not going to happen! LOL.

Karen said...

Perfect photos for the hunt! That's the best rack of postcards I've seen anywhere! Ours are usually much smaller and spin.

Maria Ontiveros said...

These are great! I'm thinking about doing a tattoo series.
Rinda

Sian said...

ha! the kind of parades we have round here will definitely not be making an appearance. But I do hope to make a start as soon as I can on finding a different one to photograph.

I'm liking seeing the postcards pop on on blogs. They give a different perspective

Ladkyis said...

We have a row of houses here in the Port called Maindee Parade, I am oh so tempted to go and take a picture there

Gail said...

What a great grouping of photos Ruth! I love that parade one. Think that's going to be a tough one here.

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Great photos!