Thursday, 12 June 2014

Sketch Solutions

As previously mentioned, there's no need for me to reinvent the wheel.
I admit that I often use sketches as a jumping-off point when scrapbooking.
Which is why Sketch Solutions is an ideal class for me.
Sketch 6: the classic less is more.
Sketch 7: your classic grid design and some wonky stitching along the banner. 
Sketch 8: an asymmetrical design featuring photos of various sizes and orientations.

I found the perfect button for this layout. 
I'm finding that these days I'm a fan of more than one photo on a page and in differing sizes.
Do you always use one photo per layout?
What about photo size?  

5 comments:

Maria Ontiveros said...

Love them all,especially 7 and 8.
Rinda

scrappyjacky said...

Some great sketches you've used.
I rarely use just one photo....I've far too many that I want to scrap....and also find that more than one tells the story better for me.

Missus Wookie said...

I like these and that you are enjoying the class so much - definitely inspiring you!

The number of photos I use depends on what sort of story I want to tell, slipping snapshots into PL, blowing one photo up and letting it speak for itself or using lots of little ones to share details. Or any combination of sizes.

Sian said...

Clearly you are in a great scrapbooking mood inspired by this class!

I do use one photo a lot of the time. I think this started because when I began scrapbooking I was making pages about my childhood and I only had one photo for each story. I'm not a prolific photographer so for some stories I still have just the one nice picture.

Melissa said...

You're doing such a great job with the sketches! I've lagged behind after working through sketch 6 & a few of the bonus sketches. Hoping for some time to work more with the sketches next week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...