Thursday, 19 February 2015

M&M's World

"I'd like to go there", he said, many months ago.
I took no notice.
"We'd like to go there this week", said the young cousins.
So we went there.
Looks quite innocuous from the outside, doesn't it?
Inside is a vision of Hell.


The noise level was painful.
Pumping pop music so loud you could hardly hear yourself think.
Aisles so packed with people, it was difficult to see what was on display. 
Exorbitant prices for chocolate.
  As we were leaving, I asked The Boy Child if he had enjoyed it.
He said, "Please don't make me go there again."
Not much chance of that, I fear. 

10 comments:

Lynn said...

We have been there - I agree "hell on earth! Too noisy and overpriced rubbish! However some good photo opportunities with the life sized m and m men! My youngest who like boy child is very sensitive to noise and crowds hated it.

Margaret J said...

He is very wise!

scrappyjacky said...

It sounds like a very good thing that you've been given permission to avoid it in the future!!
p.s.I didn't realise the later 'Foyles War' episodes were filmed in Liverpool [I had assumed they were in London]...but I think they are still on the early series in Oz!

debs14 said...

Love the fact that you have instructions not to take him back!

alexa said...

Experience is a great teacher for them: what's shiny on the outside might not necessarily be so on the inside. Glad you all survived the assault on your senses!

Ladkyis said...

Learning by experience can be painful - and he has given you a threat of punishment that can make you laugh.
"be careful or I'll take you to M&Ms world again!!!"
"Carry on doing that and it's M&Ms world for you"

Liz said...

Nightmare!! Glad you all survived :0) xxx

Sian said...

lol! It sounds like the time we took TSO to Cadbury World and she spent most of it sitting outside because the overwhelming smell of chocolate made her feel sick

Missus Wookie said...

Agreeing with TBC - I go in to buy specific flavours not usually available in the UK. I go in quickly buy exactly that and leave....

Melissa said...

Oh my, that's been our experience at a few places, too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...