Tuesday, 10 March 2015

Fancy a Coffee?

Regular readers will know that I am loyal to my local branch of the Costa coffee chain.  A fair few photos of their cups have graced the pages of this blog over the years.
My local branch is ideally situated between school and the shopping centre.  The space is large, bright and airy.  The staff know me.  They have a customer loyalty scheme.  They are cheaper than the ubiquitous American chain that is invading every British High Street.  It's where I trained The Boy Child in how to behave in a not-specifically-for-children space.  
You get the idea.
But that's not to say I'm not interested in ringing the changes every now and again.
And on my list to visit is Curators Coffee.
I read a non-professional, not paid for review here 
and I have to confess that what drew me in was the decor.
 All funky design and light and shade.  
It's nothing short of fabulous and a photographer's dream.
Fancy joining me? My treat.
Have you ever visited an independent store/cafe based purely on its decor alone? 

10 comments:

furrypig said...

what a wonderful idea to all meet up in such wonderful surroundings with great cups of coffee!

Abi said...

I have definitely done that! There is a new cafe just opened in Durham and what got me was the beautiful crockery and view over the river towards the cathedral! I love a good independent coffee shop!

debs14 said...

As a family we try hard to avoid the big coffee shops. The coffee always seems better from independent ones, plus I could never drink one of those huge cups!
I bought my son a guide to the best coffee shops in London and he's graduall visiting them. My husband's favourite is Monmouth coffee in Borough Market.

Sian said...

It's gorgeous. I'd be in there like a shot.

Yes. definitely. The surroundings really add to the experience.

Missus Wookie said...

Gorgeous decor and yes I've been known to like the look and wander in.

Always up for coffee :-)

Mary Lou said...

I have 2 that I enjoy visiting & only for the smell; both are primarily bread bakeries. I can take at least an hour to sip down a mug of tea - ah bliss.

Angloyankophile said...

Thank you for sharing my blog post, Ruth! And you should definitely stop in when you're next in town!

Liz said...

You know I keep Oh La La in business most weeks. It's so much nicer than the ones beginning with an S that are usually tagged onto the supermarket or are drive thru!! xxx

alexa said...

It looks good enough to eat! I don't know how you managed to drink any coffee - I'd have been snapping the whole time. Oh yes, I'm a sucker for the decor. Mind you, my tastes are wide so I get to enjoy lots of places!

Amanda Graham said...

Oh definitely yes, I love a good ol' coffee shop/ tea shop whatever it looks like, but I seem to be drawn more and more to little unique places. I could quite happily lose a few hours over a cuppa! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...