Monday, 23 March 2015

Just One Sketch | 2015

I've talked before about using a sketch as a jumping off
 point when putting a page together. 
I even took Kirsty's excellent class back in 2012. 
Our Texas album has lots of double-page spreads appearing, which I like.
But I also like to ring the changes with a few different designs making an appearance.
 Tweaking the design as I go, so it isn't blindingly obvious 
to the viewer that all I've done is repeat the same few steps.   
A look through my collection of pages torn from magazines like Simple Scrapbooks and Creating Keepsakes saw this design make its way to the top.
Design by Laina Lamb, Creating Keepsakes, May/June 2010.
 A straight scraplift of the original design.
 Flipping the design from top to bottom and adding a large embellishment.
Swapping the text box for a photo and adding a 6x4  journaling card.
Clicking on each photo will enlarge the image.
Sketches ~ yes or no?
A straight scraplift or simply used as a jumping off point? 


6 comments:

helena said...

sketches and digi templates absolutely - often tweaked a bit and frequently flipped. very versatile sketch you chose

Sian said...

Beautiful looking pages you have there!

I don't often use a sketch. Actually, I very rarely use a sketch. But I will re-make old designs from my own pages, which I guess is kind of the same thing?

scrappyjacky said...

I love how different they all still manage to look.

Abi said...

I like using a sketch because it can take some of the decision making out a little. I can then focus on photos and words rather than exactly where the elements will go.
Lovely pages as always Ruth.

Maria Ontiveros said...

What a great sketch and your book looks fantastic.
Rinda

alexa said...

I just love all of these, and you've even j'umped the gutter' in the last one - very accomplished!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...