Sunday, 2 August 2015

Warrior Wedding

The Brainy One's cousin got married 
yesterday to a fabulous girl.
As both the bride and groom had 
served in the Royal Navy,
they chose to marry on a ship.
And not just any old ship.
Oh no.
They chose this ship: HMS Warrior.
We couldn't have asked for better weather.
We had all the cousins in one place. 
At the same time
For a happy event.
 As for photos of me in my finery ...
the one with the cousins caught me mid-conversation,
which as we know, is not a good look.
The Brainy One caught this one 
as we waited for the bride to arrive,
and you can't actually see very much.
And remember those heel guards?
Somehow, I managed to lose them
 between the hotel bar and the ship.
They weren't even on my shoes at that point.
The ship's crew provided a pair on loan.
"Excuse me, madam, do you have your heel guards?
Stand there and do not move until we bring you a pair."
Where's the most unusual wedding venue you've been to?




6 comments:

Margaret J said...

Sounds like a great day. Super photos too.

pmk said...

Oh that is a fantastic venue! I don't tank I have any unusual wedding venues - just very old churches!

Sian said...

You look fab! How very exciting and memorable and all round excellent.

Interesting venues? Mmm..well, you've heard about Chelsea which probably isn't as exciting to you as it is to us. My cousin got married in the chapel at his old school and the school choir came to sing. Our two could choose to do that too. And we got married by J's Dad in his church, so that was a little bit different. Great question.

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

What an amazing venue. I don't think I've been to a wedding anywhere unusual. I got married in the church where I was christened and sang in the choir as a child.

Liz said...

Looks like an amazing venue. Loving the photos xx

Patio Postcards said...

You look fabulous. The most unusual place I attended a wedding was at the registry offices, just the judge, the marrying couple and me as their witness.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...