Monday, 28 September 2015

Me on Monday

It was a where-did-that-weekend-go? kind of weekend.
It was one where we covered around 500 miles 
in around 31 hours.
It was one where we met our beautiful new cousin.
It was one where we attended a surprise 50th Wedding tea party.
  It was one where I felt the ties that bind.
It was one where I could see the man who had been Dad's
childhood (and lifelong) friend.
It was one where I could see that our shared history
continues, because he is The Boy Child's Godfather.  
It was one where I knew a family is made up of 
those you love the most and who love you in return.
It was one which left me with a full and happy heart.

This post is adapted from Sian's Me on Monday theme,
 which you can find on the
 fabulous From High in the Sky blog.

4 comments:

alexa said...

Ahh, you look young enough to be this little one's Mum :). And The Boy Child looks happy to be in on the act. Both you and Sian have similar themes today - I love it when this synchronicity happens! May you enjoy the week ahead and thank you for a lovely optimistic post.

Sian said...

OOh, giving the new baby a bottle: I want a go!

Lovely. Just lovely. Have a great week

Liz said...

It sounds like a really great weekend. Shame we couldn't make it xxx

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

What a lovely post for a Monday and just as good on Wednesday now that I've got to it. That's a lot of miles to cover in a weekend. I thought 250 was plenty on a "stave off the wobbles after an unstructured week" kind of Sunday.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...