Friday, 16 October 2015

A Matter of Patience and Timing

My lovely friend Alexa wondered how I'd taken the {cropped} photo of our feet.
Here's how I did it:
Put embarrassment, coyness and thoughts of looking like a tourist to one side.
Put the camera on the floor of the Tube, directly in front of the seats opposite you.
Set the timer (I used the 9 second delay option), press the shutter and scurry back to your seat.
Pose your feet prettily.
Or not.
This second image shows our first attempt. 
 It would appear that The Brainy One had left a leg in the West End.
Things to note:
This kind of shot works well when your Tube carriage is fairly empty.
Obvs.  
When we use the Tube to come home from the West End, we travel to the end of the line.
I knew that I would have useable floor space eventually.
Indeed, it took the train pulling into our station before I could pull off this shot.
I still had to dodge the passengers getting on the train for the ride back into town
and a driver who had thought to leave the train through the carriage.
(We were sitting in the front carriage, directly behind the driver's compartment.)
He was a very understanding driver.
He's probably seen it all.
  And more.   

6 comments:

Julie Kirk said...

Great shot! Amazing what you can do when you put coyness aside.

[Remind me of this when I try to get outfit shots to blog my vintage clothing finds ... because I'm thinking a good place to do it would be on the drive, against the brick of the house ... in full view of neighbours/passers-by ...]

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

:o) I love this post, Ruth. And it's fun that I have experienced "The Tube" first hand.

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

There was me thinking it must have been Len's lens!

Margaret J said...

An interesting photo!

Sian said...

That's funny! You could do a whole series of feet pictures..it could end up being a book, like that one about mornings, each one for a year

alexa said...

Thank-you so much, Ruth! I am tickled pink :). And wonerfully informed. I might just be trying this myself ... Love your wit too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...