Friday, 4 December 2015

December Daily | Day 3

The story of the 3rd was the donation to Food Bank.
I added some of the leaflets as overlays to the main page.
 I also cut up one of them up to use as a journalling card,
 which I attached to a 6x4 card using washi tape.
A flare on the front was the sum total embellishment.  
I copied the text from my Instagram post: 'Tis the season for giving and remembering those less fortunate that ourselves.  What did I donate?  One bag of dried pasta, two tins of chopped tomatoes and one tin of soup.  What did they cost? The grand total of £1.82
 ... far less than the price of a gingerbread latte from Starbucks.
December Daily; my favourite project of the year.


2 comments:

Sian said...

I'm a passionate supporter of food banks too. It feels like such a practical thing to do

Patio Postcards said...

Our grocery store is making it so easy this season to donate to the local food bank, they have the bags already made up, you just have to add $5.00 to your bill & they give the full bag to you to drop into the donation box. I like the cheer button you added to the card, simple & says it all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...