Thursday, 28 January 2016

A Diary and a Pen Still Equals a Planner

I love the planners that have popped up 
in the scrapbooking world of late.
But I'm not tempted (well, maybe a little) ...
I'll stick to my diary and a pen.
 For more than twenty years, I have had an annual diary from Smythson.
It's been a yearly treat to myself.
(Which is no more expensive than some of the planners I've seen on t'internet.) 
 I add sticky stars for birthdays and anniversaries
and sticky dots for school holidays.
The diary goes in my handbag and the old ones are kept in a small drawer.
Planners?  Diary and a pen? Electronically?

6 comments:

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

Planners are all the rage right now judging by the hashtags on IG. I've noticed that people will often have several, which seems to defeat the object. I thought the purpose of them was to have everything in one place? I favour the Moleskine diary which has a page per day and is small enough to throw in my bag.

Julie Kirk said...

I am non plussed by the planner craze. Seems like people are spending hours in making them look nice. When do they get time to do the things they've planned?

I get an academic diary from work each term and other than that I use notebooks and a calendar.

Julie Kirk said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Patio Postcards said...

I like a very basic desk calendar & a small wallet one - both have big blanket blocks for each day, nothing fancy, not like my lovely little notebooks that you sent me, which I use for taking down ideas, thoughts & sketches. The planner craze items are really expensive.

Sian said...

I'm with Julie: I'd spend more time decorating than writing in a planner and I just don't have time for that. If I bought a planner at all I'd be using it as an almanac in a Project Life kind of way, retrospectively

Becky said...

Diary for me and one that fits nicely into my handbag - a planner would be too cumbersome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...