Wednesday, 23 March 2016

Hand Made Postcards

I'm still bashing away at the Happy-Mail-that-is-anything-but;
I think the end is in sight.  However, I've run out of what I call 'suitable' cards,
and was all for popping into the Store of Utter Gorgeousness for a resupply.
When I had a light bulb moment ... make my own.
I'm a scrapbooker, not a card maker, so I took the middle ground
and produced a stack of photo postcards. 
The photos are themed London in Spring and I took them last week.
I added a 6x4 journaling card to the reverse of each photo,
 a strip of washi tapeacross the top of the journaling card,
a corner rounder and a vertical line in red ink to separate the 
space between the text and the recipient's address. 
I'm using up Mum's supply of stamps; she would approve.

This post also links in with Helena's new photographic theme for 2016,
Snap: a visually linked group of 2 to 4 images.

10 comments:

helena said...

great diea for cards

Patio Postcards said...

Brilliant idea, fabulous results - the receivers of such kindness & thoughtfulness will be well pleased.

Lady Ella said...

I second Mary-Lou - anyone should be pleased to receive such a lovely nice, personal postcard.

Missus Wookie said...

What a great use of photos, journalling cards and washi. Glad there is an end in sight to the not quite happy mail.

Sian said...

They look fantastic

marshaleith said...

the cards look great!

bettyl-NZ said...

Such a great idea and they turned out so well!

Maggie said...

Looks a great idea. If I was a recipient I would be happy to receive one of those.

alexa said...

These look just lovely, Ruth. I bet the post person enjoys the front of them too :). Great idea to use your own topical photos.

Susanne said...

Yay for making your own, and now you doubly deserve to go to the store of utter gorgeousness.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...