Monday, 4 April 2016

Memorandum Monday

Monday has rolled around again, and that means it's time to
join in with the lovely Sian and
 share something that I've learnt over the weekend.
...
It's okay to be less sad, as opposed to being happy.
Eight weeks on from Mum's death, sad is still my default setting,
but there is light at the end of the tunnel. 
We had friends over for coffee and cake on Saturday afternoon;
just one family, not the marauding masses we host at our regular Afternoon Tea parties.
And it was lovely. 

You can see what Sian discovered over the weekend here
  

7 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

Those biscuits look a treat & oh to have daffodils about to bloom to bring some cheer. Time, when gently applied can be a balm.

debs14 said...

It's so hard to travel through the journey that grief leads you on, but you know that your mum would want you to smile again, to relax, smile, and enjoy life again. It takes time though and everyone has their own pace. You are lucky to have a close supportive group of friends and family to help you on that path and I am so pleased to see that you are finding your new sense of 'normal'.

Sian said...

I think it's a journey and you have travelled the first awful bit with grace and dignity. I'm glad there's a bit of light showing now

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

Grief is a tough journey and an unpredictable one I have found. And yes, it's OK to smile and I'm I glad that you were able to.

Alison said...

There's not much I can add to the other comments apart from to agree...from where I'm sitting you are coping admirably...just be kind to yourself xx

Maggie said...

Sorry to hear of your loss. I am sure your mum would want you to start to smile and laugh again. Scrummy looking tray and good to have the comfort of friends.

Jane said...

it takes a long time before you stop feeling guilty about feeling happy x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...