Friday, 29 April 2016

What Caught Her Eye #9

Continuing my new series for Fridays: 
the contents of that Smythson notebook,
one page at a time.
"If you think back and replay
your year and it doesn't bring
out tears of joy or sadness,
consider it wasted."
John Cage

{Usually, I don't add any comment to this series of posts.
I let Mum's choice of words speak for themselves.
This one however gave me a start. 
 She saw it here:
    a scrap cut from an Ally McBeal calendar 
and stuck to the chalkboard on my office wall.
  I know for fact that she never watched the TV program.
Bygones.}

3 comments:

alexa said...

That must feel warming that your Mum was observant and thoughtful and could learn form you too. We so often think the wisdom traffic goes from,older to younger, but I have learnt so much from my children ...

Patio Postcards said...

What a wonderful circle journey this quote has been on.

Sian said...

I think she sent me this one today..on the finally here at last after a year of endings, last day of school..x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...